Sunday, September 11, 2011

Launch Pad Development Board

I recently got my launch pad and this version came with the MSP430G2xxx chipset.

My initial chip was a MSP430G2231. I destroyed my first one trying to pry it out of the socket. Those sockets are tight and I find it difficult to remove a chip without permanently damaging it.

The launch pad came with four headers. Two male-male headers and two male to female header. I choose to solder the male to female ones because I had a nice set of bread board wires that would easily connect in the female sockets. Others have soldered the long ends to the bottom and that allows you to just stick the whole development board onto a bread board.

The photo on the left shows the under side of my launch pad development board. Right side shows the top. In the right photo you can see the female header socket.

I also purchased the capactive touch booster pack. So that is the chip I have in my launch pad right now. A MSP430G2452 20-pin chip. The 2231 was a 14 pin chip.

I like how they labeled everything on the development. Being my first time doing this I can't compare it to much, but I find it sufficient.

Next post I am going to talk about how to use the Code Composer IDE.

How to:

  1. Download
  2. Make a Project
  3. Write a micro controller helloworld app (turn on the development board led).

No comments:

Post a Comment